Congratulations. We are delighted that you are considering getting married in church and look forward to hearing from you.
A helpful website for planning your church wedding is: www.yourchurchwedding.org.
If you want find out which parish you live in please visit www.achurchnearyou.co.uk.
If you live in one of the Marshfield Benefice parishes, including St Mary’s Marshfield, you are entitled to be married at any of the four Benefice Churches providing you are legally eligible. The four churches in Marshfield Benefice are:
- St Mary the Virgin, Marshfield
- Holy Trinity, Cold Ashton
- St Mary Magdalene, Tormarton
- St James, West Littleton
You may also be married at St Mary’s if you are a regular worshipper and are on the church’s electoral roll.
You may still get married at St Mary’s even if you don’t live in the parish, if you or your fiancé(e) can demonstrate a Qualifying Connection.
A person has a Qualifying Connection with a parish if that person:
- Was baptised in the parish. (This does not apply where the baptism formed part of a combined service of baptism or confirmation); or
- Had his or her confirmation entered in a church register book of a church or chapel in the parish; or
- Has at any time had his or her usual place of residence in the parish for at least 6 months; or
- Has at any time habitually attended public worship in the parish for at least 6 months;
Or a Parent of that person has at any time during that person’s lifetime:
- Had his or her usual place of residence in the parish for at least 6 months; or
- Habitually attended public worship in the parish for at least 6 months;
Or a Parent or Grandparent of that person was married in the parish.
If you or your partner have been married before you will need to speak to the Incumbent Rev. Sally Wheeler on 01225 892180 to discuss your application and talk through the options. A divorce does not rule out marriage in church. Each case is decided individually.
If you are interested in getting married at St Mary’s or any of the other churches in the Benefice, please contact the Rev. Sally Wheeler to arrange a first meeting to discuss. Tel: 01225 892180
If you live here but are getting married in another church you will need to have your banns read here. Please contact Rev. Sally Wheeler. Tel. 01225 892180.
Thanksgiving for Marriage or Renewal of Marriage Vows
Please contact the Rev. Sally Wheeler is you would like to mark a special anniversary in your marriage or would like to renew your marriage vows to each other. Tel. 01225 892180.