St Mary’s Church is supporting the village ‘Mental Health Aware’ initiative.
It is an introductory four-hour session developed by Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) England to raise awareness of mental health and is facilitated by Beth Goodyear from Marshfield as featured on ITV news.
I really encourage Church members to take this course to help look after themselves, as well as those around them. Rev. Sally Wheeler
The training is run online via Zoom and provides:
- A basic knowledge of some common mental health issues including Depression, Anxiety disorders, Psychosis, Eating disorders, Suicide and Self-harm
- An understanding of the factors that affect mental health
- Awareness of Stress and tips on stress management
- An introduction to looking after your own mental health and maintaining well being
- Confidence to support someone in distress or who may be experiencing a mental health issue
- Further reading and helpful resources
After the course: You will receive a MHFA England certificate to say you are ‘Mentally Health Aware’.
Donations: This course usually costs £125 but is being offered FREE in the village although you can make a contribution towards the cost of the course materials which are £13 per person by visiting this Crowdfunder page
The Church has sponsored 20 places for those who may not be able to afford the £13 to cover the course materials.
Questions? Please see these ‘Frequently Asked Questions‘
Any further questions, Beth can be contacted on 07901 858875 or via email@example.com