On Maundy Thursday at 7.00pm we will have a virtual Passover Experience for those who would like to take part.
To join us from a smartphone or tablet you’ll first need to download the Zoom app from your App Store. If you’re joining us from a desktop computer or laptop, the Zoom software will automatically download when you first join the service.
Simply join us by clicking the link below on Thursday at 7.00pm.
Meeting ID: 659 348 7054
Here are a few items you might like to prepare in advance so that you can join in with the virtual meal. If not, just enjoy the spectacle!
Each person taking part will need a plate and a glass. These other items can be shared if there is someone in your household joining with you!
- Red wine or grape juice or blackcurrant to drink (we down a few glasses, so do have a bottle or jug nearby!)
- A candle
- A small bowl of water and towel for the symbolic’ handwashing’ (something we have become experts in since covid19)
- A small bowl of salted water for dipping food in
- Some flat bread – pitta, a cracker or a water biscuit will be fine
- Some parsley or lettuce
- Some horseradish – if you have any and a spoon to serve
- Some treats you’ll enjoy eating – they could be authentically middle-eastern like dates, apricots, figs, nuts, or just cakes!
If you want to go for all the details you could have some nice cushions for your comfort!
This will all make sense on Thursday and the Passover experience will last about 40 minutes, with an opportunity for reflection at the end.
There is a service sheet to download here which you can print off it you would like, but the words will all be on the screen.